Ashby Woulds Trail
This 3.5mile (6km) multi-use trail in The National Forest was formerly the Ashby and Nuneaton Joint Railway. It runs from the restored Measham Station to Spring Cottage, linking Conkers (The National Forest Visitor Centre), Moira Furnace, Donisthorpe Woodland Park and Measham. The stone-surfaced trail is suitable for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders. Wheelchair users would need assistance in places.
All our parks are open every day. Beacon, Watermead North and Market Bosworth Country Parks car parks allow entry from 7am each morning until dusk. We do not permit overnight parking or camping.
- Car parks along the trail located: Measham library (DE12 6DQ), Donisthorpe Woodland Park (DE12 7PX), Moira Furnace (DE12 6AT)
- Sarah’s Wood (DE12 6DQ) – note: entrance has a height restriction barrier of 2m
*Please note: customers are no longer allowed to light BBQ’s at our parks due to the recent hot weather. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you are a regular visitor to Leicestershire County Council Country Parks you could save money with a car park Season Ticket, which is valid for all our parks. For just £60 (plus £10 deposit) you could save money and eliminate the hassle of searching for change every visit. For more information and an application form, please visit www.leicestershire.gov.uk/country-park-car-parking-season-ticket , email or contact our helpdesk on 0116 3055000.
Help us to keep our country parks safe and enjoyable for all visitors by respecting the Countryside Code and bylaws.
– Keep dogs under close control
– Leave gates and property as you find them
– Do not pick wild flowers or remove any other flora
– Do not swim in any of our lakes or ponds, nor let your dog(s) swim
– Do not light fires
For more information see the full Countryside Code here